Click on each design to view photo gallery from monthly meetings.
Class 1 – “It’s The Way You Move” 7/21/2014
A Creative Design with EMPHASIS on a downward, rhythmic movement which may be soft, restful, bold or dramatic, created of plant material and / or other components. A minimum of components may extend upward. Staged on table with 36″ width allowed. Combine with background / showboard and underlay. Designers choice of components.
Class 2 – “Design With A Difference” 7/21/2014
Abstract Creative Assemblage– design staged on a board (Minimum 36″ x 24″ width and 3 dimensional), dominance of abstraction. Staged with a tripod or against wall and on table. Designer’s choice of components, some plant material must be included.
Parallel Design – 5/18/2014 Page 206 1. A Creative Design in which three or more groupings of plant material and other (optional) components are placed in a strong parallel manner in a single container, on a base, or both. Multiple containers / bases may be used if combined so as to appear as one unit.
a. Parallel direction may be vertical, horizontal, or diagonal, based on schedule or at discretion of exhibitor, within allotted space.
b. Only the overall effect must appear parallel, for components within each grouping need not be precisely equidistant from components in adjacent groupings.
c. Open space (voids) between each grouping is vital to success.
2. All groupings may be of same plant materials, varied combinations of selected plant materials, or different plant material, plus other components as desired.
3. A connective/s may be used to unify the design.
Floor Design 4/21/2014 Page 201 A large Creative Design staged on the floor with no height requirement.
- Schedule may state required design type and always must state the allotted floor dimensions.
- Overall design must be proportionate to the allotted space.
- May include more than one unit if design type allows.
- Design is to originate on the floor and not merely a design staged on a pedestal, even if pedestal is incorporated into the design.